WILSONTIMES.COM NEWS  •  SPORTS  •  LIFE  •  OPINION  •  OBITUARIES  •  PHOTOS  •  VIDEOS  •  CONTACT  •  CLASSIFIEDS  •  SPECIAL SECTIONS

Monday, May 4, 2009

Resist the urge to sing "It's a Small World" while you read this.
Back in April, I wrote a column about this wonderful bread recipe from Cooking Light magazine. Catherine McMichael of Saginaw, Mich., was named a finalist in the magazine's Ultimate Reader Recipe Contest with Monday Morning Potato Rolls and Breads. I had made the bread twice and loved it!
Joyce Wolfe of Wilson didn't see my food column until the next week, when she discovered the recipe from her friend Catherine.
Here's what Joyce wrote me: "Thought you might find it interesting that Catherine McMichael is a musician and composes for handbells. Each year in August when I go to Bay View, Mich., to ring handbells, Catherine is there, also. We usually play one of her compositions. I remember her excitement last year as she told us that one of her recipes had been accepted by Cooking Light. It's nice to see it in print in Wilson!"
Well Joyce told Catherine about the column, and Catherine and I have e-mailed back and forth a few times. She said she's been making the bread twice a week for about a year. Her secret weapon is using a cup of her homemade flour blend in each batch.
I'm so glad Joyce shared her connection with my recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment