WILSONTIMES.COM NEWS  •  SPORTS  •  LIFE  •  OPINION  •  OBITUARIES  •  PHOTOS  •  VIDEOS  •  CONTACT  •  CLASSIFIEDS  •  SPECIAL SECTIONS

Monday, April 7, 2014

From time to time, I'm asked to review products. Here are a few things I've tried recently:

Chick-fil-A grilled chicken

Last week I was invited to taste the new grilled chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A. I was happy to oblige and invited my cousin Nancy to go with me.
Nancy and I both love Chick-fil-A and have fond memories of begging our daddies to take us to the Chick-fil-A in Crabtree when we were girls.
Christy Proctor, local owner/ operator, talked to the dozen or so people gathered for the premiere, telling us about the new sandwich, which went through 1,000 recipes before this one was put on the menu recently.
The sandwich we tried was the grilled club that includes Colby Jack cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato. The sandwich is served with a piece of paper wrapped around it; it's so juicy, you need the wrapper to keep it from dripping! I made the mistake of taking off the paper for my first bite, but I put it back on after the juice started dripping.
This sandwich is very good. I loved the fresh, multi-grain roll, and the grilled chicken has a better taste than the previous grilled sandwich. An entirely new grill was developed to cook it, Christy told us. The cheese on the sandwich adds a nice flavor and texture surprise.
I ate every bite of the sandwich, which is a little unusual for me. But it was so good that I didn't want to leave any behind. I looked around me and saw that most people finished theirs as well.
Our sandwiches were served with a bottle of water and a fruit cup. Chick-fil-A has also revamped its fresh fruit cup to include apples, blueberries, strawberries and mandarin oranges.
Our meal had just under 500 calories.
Before we left, Christy brought out a tray of the new grilled chicken nugget for us to sample. They are also better than the previous grilled product.
I have thought about the grilled chicken club sandwich several times since eating it last week and really want to try it again!
The grilled club sandwich is $5.49.

Welch's Fruit Snacks

I got a sample box of the Easter fruit snacks from Welch's in the mail recently. I often buy fruit snacks for my granddaughter and knew she would like these.
I was right! Not only did she like the taste, but she was excited to see the different shapes, including a chick, eggs, a flower and a bunny. I've had a few of the pouches myself and liked the flavor.
The box includes 28 pouches. Each pouch is 45 calories and contains 100 percent of the RDA of Vitamin C. The fruit bites are also fat-free and gluten-free.
The small pouches would work great in Easter baskets or as a classroom treat.
Cost for the box of 28 pouches is around $4.99.

Fuze Sweet Tea Concentrate

This product was not sent to me, but I have to share it because it's so good! My family and I have enjoyed it so much.
I recently purchased my second cartoon of Fuze iced tea concentrate from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. It couldn't be easier to make!
You follow carton instructions for mixing the concentrate and water to make two gallons. It only takes a few minutes. There are also instructions for making single servings.
I've only tried the half-tea, half-lemonade concentrate, but it also comes in sweetened iced tea, unsweetened ice tea and raspberry-flavored iced tea.
The carton costs under $4.

lisa@wilsontimes.com | 252-265-7810


No comments:

Post a Comment